Last Updated on by
As a nurse in whatever department, cardiology, physiology, ICU or PACU, finding the best stethoscope for nurses can be a big deal. It is very important to find the best stethoscope for nurses to help make your job easier and more efficient as a nurse. Nursing students are also not left out, as a matter of fact, we see a lot of nursing students searching for the best stethoscope for nursing students. Therefore, they have the option of getting one today.
To get the best results on the job you must get the right tool and a durable one at that. The stethoscope is one of the most important tools for any medical practitioner as it helps to study heartbeats, blood pressure, and breath easily. As a nurse, a major determinant of your efficiency is the kind of stethoscope you use. This why you need to study the best stethoscope for nurses review.
We know there are so many stethoscopes in the market and finding the best might be very difficult. This is why we have done all the work for you. We have come up with a list of stethoscopes that we believe are the best stethoscopes for nurses 2018 by all standards. Our top picks are based on user reviews and a high score of qualities of reliable stethoscopes
Check the list below for our top picks arranged in no particular order.
|1.||3M Littmann Classic II||Very High||Check Here on Amazon|
|2.||MDF Rose Gold MD||Very High||Check Here on Amazon|
|3.||3M Littmann 2141||High||Check Here on Amazon|
|4.||3M Littmann 6152||Very High||Check Here on Amazon|
|5.||ADC Adscope 603||Very High||Check Here on Amazon|
In making your final decision about buying any product, not just stethoscopes, it is wise to check other people’s experiences and also know basic information that points to quality. This best stethoscope for nurses review will give you an insight into factors to look out for before buying any stethoscope. You will also get to know why we chose the above models based on these factors. Without further ado, let’s get straight to business.
What to Check For When Buying a Stethoscope
These are some of the key pointers to check for with respect to a good stethoscope.
- Weight: During working hours there is a likelihood that 80% of the time you will have your stethoscope around your neck. This implies that you do not want a heavy burden around your neck the whole time, neither do you want a stethoscope that will cause your clothes to tear. A lightweight stethoscope is just what you need.
- Comfort: Without comfort, you can scarcely be efficient on the job. You need a stethoscope that will be very comfortable to use and fits perfectly to your ears. Not one with sharp edges or tips bigger than your ears.
- Ductility: The ductility of the materials used in making the stethoscope will determine how foldable it will be. When the stethoscope is easily foldable then it can fit into your pocket and you do not have to wear it around your neck when it is not in use. The ductility will also prevent cracks on the tube due to regular folding.
- Sound Quality: You need a stethoscope with great sound quality and highly portable. The effectiveness of these will help you save patients’ lives faster. This quality is important to get the job right.
- Diagnostic versatility. You need a stethoscope that is versatile or what you call multipurpose. It will be better if the stethoscope works for adults and children alike. It must also be able to pick sounds from different body parts.
Now that you are abreast of the factors to look out for with respect to choosing a stethoscope, let’s get to the best stethoscopes for nurses review.
1. 3M Littmann Classic II S.E. Stethoscope
The 3M Littman Classic II S.E Stethoscope is definitely one of the best stethoscopes for nurses 2018 and here is why. The chest piece is dual-sided and has a high acoustic sensitivity. It is a mix of durability and portability which is bound to deliver dependability and auscultation.
The diaphragm is tunable and can pick up even the slightest changes in sound. It captures both low and high frequencies with changes in the position of the chestpiece. The headset is perfectly designed to provide optimal listening as it can enter the ears easily.
- The tube is long making it easy to use.
- The stethoscope is very lightweight.
- The stethoscope has great sound quality.
By all professional standards the stethoscope has no flaws, the only complains from users include:
- Late arrival after the order is made.
- Sometimes the stethoscope comes with damaged parts on delivery which is majorly a result of transit.
2. MDF Rose Gold MD One Stethoscope
The MDF Rose Gold MD One Stethoscope is designed to perform at the best levels. It is a very durable stethoscope equipped to deliver clear acoustics for the lungs, heart, and bowels. The stethoscope has a dual earpiece which makes it easy to hear crisp sounds from any organ in the body.
It has a wide diaphragm which enables the user to listen to the smallest sounds on the lowest frequencies, especially valve closures and clicks. The stethoscope comes with a warranty for life and it is made with latex-free material.
- Very durable diaphragm.
- The tube is thick to ensure that the stethoscope lasts long.
- it has a second set of diaphragm, earpieces, and parts for life included in the pack.
- The acoustics are very clear and the thicker headpiece means the diaphragm is not pressure sensitive.
- The tube is very thick. This means there could be accidental switches between the bell and diaphragm.
3. 3M Littmann 2141 Master Classic II Stethoscope
The 3M Littmann 2141 Master Classic II stethoscope shows that Littmann makes some of the best stethoscopes in the market. It is a mix of great acoustics with a perfect ergonomic design. The stethoscope is very reliable in terms of performance and it is comfortable to use.
The stethoscope is great for both student nurses and professionals as it comes with an educational app for ease of use.
- The earpieces are very comfortable and they seal tightly so no fear of them falling off.
- The stethoscope is one of the easiest to use and it comes with an educational app too.
- It is made with latex free materials so it is a great pick even if you have allergies.
- The single-sided diaphragm makes the stethoscope convenient in emergency situations.
- The headset is made of anodized aluminum.
- Most users have complained about the tube not being long enough.
- The tube is prone to cracking after long periods of use.
- It has a short warranty period.
4. 3M Littmann 6152 Cardiology IV Stethoscope
The 3M Littman 6152 cardiology IV stethoscope has the highest rating among all the stethoscopes on this list and it is very easy to know why. It is the favorite of doctors and nurses alike. It is a revolutionary stethoscope. The sound quality is outstanding as it has better acoustics and has the ability to pick all frequencies.
The tube of this stethoscope resists stain and is very sturdy. It is also one of those stethoscopes that work across all fields, it is not just used by cardiologists. It is also great for use on both infants and adults and that is why it is considered the best stethoscope for nurses.
- It was designed for all fields in healthcare.
- It is not made with latex materials.
- The stethoscope has the ability to pick the slightest sounds.
- It comes equipped with dual-lumen tubing.
- Due to the design of the tube, it is a tad heavy.
- Though it is the best on the market it is quite costly.
- The chest piece turns easily from bell to diaphragm and this is not safe for emergencies.
5. ADC Adscope 603 Clinician Stethoscope
The ADC Adscope 603 Clinician stethoscope made this list because for its outstanding performance and durability. It also comes with additional Adsoft plus ear tips, the only one with this advantage on the market for now. The stethoscope also comes with an ID tag. The diaphragm is an ultra-sensitive amplifying high-frequency transmission. It also has an extra-large bell which helps for low-frequency responses.
- It has a long tube, slightly longer than the Littmann stethoscope.
- Very affordable.
- It is built for quality, marrying fit with a finish.
- The earpieces are not so comfortable.
- Due to the size of the diaphragm, it is quite heavy.
- It does not pick the slightest sounds, unlike other stethoscopes.
In conclusion, the best stethoscope for nurses should have all of the qualities listed above and be sure to pick a stethoscope free of latex material for the safety of yourself and your patients.