Last Updated on by
If you are searching for detailed best all terrain double stroller review then welcome to this page.
As parents choosing the best all terrain double stroller is usually a daunting task. Therefore, it is imperative to get feedback from real users because it will help you make an informed decision.
In this review, we are going to examine the following:
What is all terrain double stroller?
List of 5 best all terrain double stroller, their pros and cons
Features of best all terrain double stroller?
All terrain double strollers parents should go for.
What is All Terrain Double Stroller?
All terrain double stroller is a stroller specifically designed to be used by parents that have twins or two babies. It can be used on a paved road, rough road, sandy roads, and mud roads while ensuring the safety of babies. It is referred to as rugged stroller because it fits in all type of terrain easily or without stress.
The maneuverability of best all terrain double strollers made them comfortable for parents to use during vacation, shopping and moving easily in parks.
Before going into details of best all terrain double stroller review, I will list the features we considered among all before rating them. Durability, ease of use, maneuverability, functionality, and portability are the factors considered before choosing the following all terrain double strollers. The rating is between 0 and 10, 0 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.
After careful research and reviews from online verified buyers”, below is the list of best all terrain double strollers.
You can quickly choose from our top picks from the table below or scroll down to read more about individual all terrain double strollers.
|Brand Names/Images||Feature Ratings:||Price|
|Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Double Stroller||View on Amazon|
|Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller||View on Amazon|
|Contours Options Elite Tandem Stroller||View on Amazon|
|Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller||View on Amazon|
|Kolcraft Cloud Side by Side Umbrella Stroller||View on Amazon|
1. Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Double Stroller
Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Double Stroller is our top pick because it is a hybrid double stroller. It has the highest score of the basic features of a quality jogging stroller. The sitting arrangement which is side by side makes babies feel equal and happy at any given time.
It is a very lightweight stroller because it weighs 15% less than any other double jogging stroller available in the market today. It is a stroller you can easily convert to a travel system by pairing it with city Go infant car seat.
Experience has shown that it is not an easy to assemble double stroller because it has a lot of facilities but once it is up then it is the easiest double stroller to operate. Just by lifting the trap the stroller folds itself simply and compactly.
In addition, the comfort of the babies and parents are well taken care of in the design of the Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Double stroller. It comes with a padded adjustable handlebar for an easy push for by parents all heights. Moreover, it has a large canopy with a peek bow windows that protect babies for sun rays.
To ensure a smooth ride in all terrain, this best all terrain double stroller has all terrain non-flat tires with all wheels suspension. Furthermore, it has a double front wheel lock system that ensures a smooth ride and high maneuverability.
You can be confident that your babies are always safe because it has an easy to operate handbrake. Also, is made of aluminum metal that makes is strong and reliable at all time.
2. Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller
Baby trend sit N stand double stroller has been reviewed by over 600 customers found online. It is our second top pick because it has a slight learning curve but in overall it is easy to use. It has high maneuverability, which means it really an all-terrain double stroller.
Baby trend sit N stand double stroller is extremely easy to open and close. The functionality, which is the safety of the babies are greatly taken care of by the design. Accommodates up to 2 Children, Sitting, Lying Down, or in your Flex Loc Car Seats, very Large Basket, Parent and Child Trays with cup holders, easy One-hand fold.
- Maximum relaxation for babies while sitting and standing
- Very affordable compared to functions
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Wheel smoothly
- Perfect cup and smartphone holder
- Very large. But the fact is that every all terrain double stroller is heavy going by its functions.
- Small underneath basket
- Just design for walking
3. Contours Options Elite Tandem Stroller
Contours option elite tandem stroller is the only all terrain double stroller that has 7 seating configurations. It accommodates up to two infant car seats. This stroller is specifically designed for twins or babies that do not weigh more than 40lb each.
The tall seat backs and large adjustable footrest area help accommodate toddlers comfortably. Seats feature in-seat child pockets, 3-position recline, 5-point safety harnesses, adjustable footrests and plush headrests for comfort. I love this all terrain double stroller. I placed it third on the list because it is a bit pricey.
- Multiple seat configuration and a seat can be replaced with a car seat.
- One car seat adapter included
- Bottom storage has zippers on both sides for easy access and it’s pretty large
- Wheels feel nice an sturdy for running or for a lot of use
- It folds with both seats and is fairly small for a double stroller
- Canopy has a zipper which allows for a mesh section to be available. This extends canopy for more coverage but allows a breeze.
- Not too wide so it makes it easier for taking it while shopping.
- Great on flat surfaces but hard to steer on uneven terrain (no off-roading lol)
- Even though there are multiple seat configurations, It’s a bit limited when you have
- car seat in there since both seats are close together but doable.
- No cup holders for the little ones and only one provided for the grown-up (which falls off easily). You can get other attachments if desired but not included.
4. Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller
This all terrain double stroller is considered one of the best because of its exceptional light weight. It weighs just 20lbs because of a high standard but light frames that are fitted to the stroller. The lightweight made its maneuverability and functionality high.
The safety of the babies is high when using this all terrain double stroller. It comes with convenience such as a cup holder. It’s also good for mommy or daddy because of its compact umbrella fold for easy storage and travel, a cup holder with two attachment points, and 2 large hanging storage bags. The large European-style canopy simply adds to the style and beauty of this fully-featured stroller. We placed it fourth just because of its durability.
There are lot mix reactions from users of delta children LX side by side tandem umbrella stroller regarding its durability. It is the most affordable all terrain double stroller as at the time of writing this review.
- It takes up very little space when folded!! – Durable wipe clean fabric.
- Easy to assemble – just clip on the wheels and the cup holder
- Easy to fold – a great help when traveling
- It’s not heavy. Of course, it’s not going to be feather-light; it’s about as heavy as two separate lightweight strollers would be.
- Glides smoothly.
- It has storage at the back of each stroller which is pretty handy
- The canopy! It is so small that it doesn’t even shade babies a little.
- It has very little recline, practically nothing. It’s only a few inches but it’s okay for babies to sleep if need be. Their heads don’t fall forward, it’s just not ideal
- Handlebars are set fairly low and can be awkward to push for long periods of time
5. Kolcraft Cloud Side by Side Umbrella Stroller
This is another lightweight all terrain double stroller that comes with good features. It is placed 5th and last on the list because it has no form of a storage facility and bulky. It provides real safety and comfort for the babies, which is why it made its way to this list. Though, it has an expandable canopy but not enough to cover the babies well. It can only accommodate weight up to 70lbs, which is short of what other all terrain double stroller can take.
- Very affordable
- Easy to fold and unfold
- Very wide
- Very difficult to steer
- Does not come with any storage facility
Overall, these 5 best all terrain double strollers were rated based on the features parents should look out for in strollers. Features such as durability, functionality, maneuverability and many more are all we considered.
I will not be very precise in recommending any one of these all terrain double stroller to you. But if durability, functionality, and maneuverability are your goals then go for Graco duoglide classic connect stroller, Baby trend sit N stand double stroller or Contours option elite tandem stroller.
But if you are on a tight budget, yet need a stroller that can serve you for some time then the last two on the list are best for you. The fact is that the durability of strollers largely depends on usage. Therefore, if you carefully use the last two on the list it will equally serve you for a long time.